EducationQuest’s Reaching Your Potential Scholarship Program provides renewable scholarships twice a year to low-income Nebraska students who face obstacles to college. Applicants are referred by community agencies and schools statewide.
Since the program began in 2000, EducationQuest has awarded over $6.3 million in scholarships to 520 Nebraskans. Of these, 79 percent are either in college or have graduated.
Click here to watch the story of Cordara Thompson, a Reaching Your Potential recipient who succeeded in college.
How does EducationQuest help Reaching Your Potential recipients achieve success?
- Recipients attending a two-year college receive $2,900 annually, and recipients attending a four-year college receive $5,900 annually.
- Campus mentors help recipients stay on track.
- EducationQuest’s scholarship staff provide ongoing support to recipients.
- Our Reaching Out newsletter highlights recipient success stories, new recipients, and recent college graduates.
Interested in referring a student?
You are eligible to refer students to the Reaching Your Potential Scholarship Program if you are a representative of a Nebraska:
- Community agency
- High school currently funded by an EducationQuest College Access Grant (for spring round only)
The deadline to refer students for the spring 2020 round is March 15.
The deadline for students to submit applications for the spring 2020 round is