EducationQuest’s Reaching Your Potential Scholarship Program provides renewable scholarships twice a year to low-income Nebraska students who face obstacles to college. Applicants are referred by community agencies and schools statewide.
Since the program began in 2000, EducationQuest has disbursed over $4.9 million in scholarships to 432 Nebraskans. Of these, 78 percent are either in college or have graduated.
Click on the video above to watch the story of Cordara Thompson, a Reaching Your Potential recipient who succeeded in college.
How does EducationQuest help Reaching Your Potential recipients achieve success?
- Recipients attending a two-year college receive $2,700 annually, and recipients attending a four-year college receive $5,500 annually.
- Campus mentors help recipients stay on track.
- EducationQuest’s scholarship staff provide ongoing support to recipients.
- Our Reaching Out newsletter highlights recipient success stories, new recipients, and recent college graduates.
Interested in referring a student?
You are eligible to refer students to the Reaching Your Potential Scholarship Program if you are a representative of a Nebraska:
- Community agency
- High school currently funded by an EducationQuest College Access Grant (for spring round only)