If you’re a faculty or staff member at a college with a Reaching Your Potential Scholarship recipient, you could change the life of the recipient by serving as a Reaching Your Potential Campus Mentor.
As a campus mentor, you should:
- Contact your mentee within 30 days after being assigned.
- Follow up with the student at least once a month.
- Review and provide guidance on the student’s academic and personal plans and goals.
- Report significant issues or concerns to EducationQuest.
To mentor effectively, know (or know how to locate) the following:
- College’s drop/add dates.
- College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- On-campus offices, services or organizations for additional assistance (example: writing center).
- Varies, depending on the amount and type of interaction.
- If you mentor more than one student, you may meet with them individually or as a group.
- This is a non-paid, volunteer position.
- EducationQuest will reimburse you for expenses incurred with your mentee, up to $30 per student each academic year. Examples include meeting the student for coffee or a meal. Other expenses may be reimbursable. Check with Lisa Mueller or Allison Ourada.
- After you spend $30, complete the Campus Mentor Reimbursement Form and submit it to EducationQuest with a detailed receipt(s). If you mentor more than one student, you may use the same form for multiple students.
- After receiving the form, EducationQuest will mail you a reimbursement check.
- If you do not spend the full $30 on each student and have reached your maximum expenses for the year, you may submit the form.
- If you are unsure if an expense is appropriate, seek permission from EducationQuest before you incur the expense.
If your student is not on campus due to online or satellite courses, contact EducationQuest to discuss alternatives. If you plan to attend an off-campus event with your student, ask your college if there may be liability or risk management issues.
If you have questions about EducationQuest’s Reaching Your Potential Campus Mentor program, contact Lisa Mueller, Director of Scholarships, at 800.303.3745, ext. 6606, or Allison Ourada, Scholarship Specialist, at 800.303.3745, ext. 6619.