EducationQuest will host a Virtual College Fair ENCORE event on Tuesday, November 17 to give students another chance to talk to college reps and watch live college-prep sessions.
The event is scheduled as follows:
EducationQuest Virtual College Fair ENCORE
Tuesday, November 17
9:00-11:30 a.m. CT
6:00-8:00 p.m. CT
- Buffett Scholarship for Nebraska Students – 10:00-10:30 a.m. CT
- 6 Critical Steps for Seniors – 7:00-7:30 p.m. CT
Students and family members must register for this free event. If they registered for our September Virtual College Fair, they do not need to re-register, but must log in to visit college booths and watch the live sessions.
Incentives for students:
- Students who visit at least 3 college booths on Nov. 17 will be entered into a drawing for Apple AirPods.
- Students who visit (or visited) at least 3 college booths between Sept. 27 and Dec. 1 will be entered into a drawing for a $500 scholarship.
Resources for you and your students:
- Navigation Video – This brief video walks students through the Virtual College Fair site and explains what to expect when visiting a college booth.
- Facilitator Guide – If students are participating during the school day, use this resource to help them prepare for and make the most of the event.
- College Fair Article – Share this with families to help promote the fair.
- GoToCollegeFairs Account – Create or log in to your counselor account to monitor your students’ college fair activity. This video provides guidance.
How you can help:
- Arrange classroom time so students can participate in the morning.
- If they haven’t already, encourage your students to register prior to the event.
- Announce the event in your school newsletter and website.
- Share our Questions to Ask at a College Fair handout.
- Send a reminder a few days before the event.