The EducationQuest Scholarship Program is an annual gift of $1.57 million to Nebraska’s public and independent colleges. The schools use the funds to provide scholarships for undergraduate students who show financial need. The funds also help minority students and students who face significant obstacles to higher education.
If you administer EducationQuest Scholarship Program funds at your college, please note the following guidelines and reporting requirements.
Award amounts should range from $500 – $3,500. All scholarship money must be applied toward tuition, fees or books. Recipient selection must be nondiscriminatory.
Recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need as defined by Title IV regulations
- Nebraska residency
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Enrolled at least half time
- Undergraduate status
- Not in default on a Title IV student loan
- Not owe a repayment on a Title IV grant
EducationQuest encourages awarding scholarships to students who received our funds in the past and who are:
- First-generation students
- Advancing diversity and cultivating a rich campus environment
- Facing significant obstacles to higher education
- Not already receiving multiple scholarships from other providers
While all students who demonstrate financial need are eligible, EducationQuest encourages you to consider students who either receive a Pell Grant or are just above the cut-off for a Pell Grant.
Each college must fully expend its allotment by June 30, 2023.
Each college must submit a verification report to EducationQuest identifying each recipient. Create the report in Excel and email it to email@example.com by March 1, 2023. Ensure you have the student’s permission on file to release this information:
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Permanent city, state and ZIP
- State of legal residence
- Year of birth
- Race/Ethnicity (if known)
- Award date
- Award amount
- Expected Family Contribution*
- High school from which student graduated
- Year of high school graduation
- Year in college
*May submit masked information to protect student privacy. Contact EducationQuest for more information.
By accepting this scholarship money, the college agrees to allow EducationQuest to audit, if necessary, the scholarship awards to ensure proper distribution of funds.
EducationQuest reserves the right to request full restitution and/or terminate future participation in the program if the college does not abide by the awarding guidelines.
If you have questions about the EducationQuest Scholarship Program contact:
Director of Scholarships