EducationQuest’s 2018 College Access Symposium is Thursday, April 12 at the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel. This event will provide strategies and best practices designed to increase the number of students who pursue education beyond high school.
Those encouraged to attend are high school, middle school, agency, and college professionals. To register, click here. To help offset costs, we are charging a $25 registration fee. If this will hinder you from attending, click here to request a fee waiver.
Keynote speakers are Chuck Schroeder, Founding Executive Director of the Rural Futures Institute, and Kim Cook, Executive Director of the National College Access Network
Please note: If your high school plans to apply for a 2018 EducationQuest College Access Grant, a representative from your school must attend the Symposium.
If you plan to attend, download the Guidebook app to your smart device to access the full slate of Symposium activities.
Agenda topics will include:
- Family engagement
- FAFSA Completion Initiative
- Apply2College campaign
- Preparing students for the transition to college
- Engaging K-8 students and staff in college access
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Writing winning scholarship applications
- Hot jobs in Nebraska
- Student loans and student debt
- Bridges out of poverty
- What we learned from statewide ACT testing
- EducationQuest College Access Grants application process
Click here for a tentative agenda.
If you have questions, contact Eric Drumheller, Vice President of Grants and Scholarships, 800.303.3745, ext. 6622.