About the Nebraska Educational Savings Trust
The plans within the Nebraska Educational Savings Trust include:
- NEST Direct College Savings Plan
- For those who wish to manage their own plan.
- NEST Advisor College Savings Plan
- For those who work with financial advisors.
- TD Ameritrade 529 College Savings Plan
- For the online investor.
- State Farm College Savings Plan
- For those who work with a State Farm advisor.
The Nebraska State Treasurer serves as the Program Trustee, First National Bank of Omaha serves as the Program Manager, and all investments are approved by the Nebraska Investment Council.
Nebraska’s 529 Program began in 2001 to encourage parents and grandparents to save for their children’s or grandchildren’s college expenses. The plans allow tax-free investments as you save for college. The earnings portion of qualified withdrawals for higher education expenses are federal and state income tax-free. Account owners also qualify for up to a $5,000 Nebraska state income tax deduction. Funds can be used at eligible schools nationwide and some foreign schools.
For more information visit www.nest529Direct.com, call 888-993-3646, or contact your financial advisor or State Farm agent.