Students and parents, get ready for a new and improved way to kick-off your college search: the EducationQuest Virtual College Fair!
What is the Virtual College Fair?
For decades, college fairs have helped students learn about different college options and connect with admissions staff for further guidance. Now, you no longer have to physically travel to a gymnasium full of information tables; from the convenience of your computer or device, you get access to college representatives, expert speakers, and a wealth of information about the many college options: trade/technical schools, community colleges, and 4-year colleges and universities!
The 2020 EducationQuest Virtual College Fair will be Live during the following:
- Sunday, September 27, 2:00 pm-8:00 pm CT
- Monday, September 28, 8:00 am-2:00 pm CT
- Tuesday, September 29, 1:00 pm-8:00 pm CT
- Wednesday, September 30, 1:00 pm-8:00 pm CT
Note: registering for the Virtual College Fair will grant you access to a college’s “virtual booth”, long after September 30th! That is one of the benefits of the fair being virtual, you can still access many of the features later on in the year!
What do I gain by registering for the Virtual College Fair?
You gain admission to the virtual fair, which is filled with many local, regional, and national college “virtual booths” where you can learn more about that college and get connected with one of their admissions staff.
If you register for the fair, you get access to the following:
- Virtual fair college booths, with access to live college staff during the designated dates & times (Sept 27–30).
- Speakers Sessions. Join a live session on Sunday, it will be recorded and you can view it again starting that next day. The Speaker session schedule will include:
- What it takes to get admitted to college (3:00 pm CT)
- What are you going to major in? (4:00 pm CT)
- The Campus Visit – Your key to finding the right college (5:00 pm CT)
- How to Find & Earn Scholarships: Tips for a Successful Scholarship Research & Essay (6:00 pm CT)
- How to Pay for College (7:00 pm CT)
- Free College Planning Resources from your friends at EducationQuest Foundation. We will have staff available while the fair is Live, and information on how to connect with us after the fair. We would love to discuss any college planning or college funding questions you may have.
What do I need in order to attend the Virtual College Fair?
A computer, tablet, or smartphone, decent connection to the internet, and plenty of questions for the college reps! If you’re needing some example questions, click HERE.
Since you will be able to chat with college reps at their virtual booth, try to have a set-up similar to what you use for a virtual class or meeting: somewhere quiet, headphones, bottle of water, etc.
How much does it cost to attend the Virtual College Fair?
This one is easy: it’s FREE! Zero! Nada! Simply register HERE.