How you can help students get on track to college
- Help them understand academic requirements for admission into a four-year college and encourage them to take rigorous courses in high school.
- Encourage involvement in extracurricular activities to gain leadership and teamwork skills, increase scholarship opportunities.
- Guide them to helpful resources if they are struggling academically, socially or emotionally
- Help them explore career options and research colleges that fit their desired career choices
- Help them understand ways to pay for college – including financial aid
- Coordinate visits to area colleges
- Help them complete college admission and financial aid applications
- Commit to help them until they make a successful transition to college
Wondering how you can do all this?
EducationQuest has free resources to help you:
- KnowHow2GO Handbook – College and Career Planning for 8th, 9th and 10th Grade Students
- KnowHow2GO Checklist – guides you through steps your student should follow to prepare for college
- Activities Resume – tracks extracurricular activities, honors and awards
- ScholarshipQuest – contains over 2,000 local and state scholarships
- Videos and Blogs