Check out our video to see real Nebraska students on campus visits!
Follow these tips for a successful visit:
Start looking at colleges your junior year so you can narrow your choices by the time you’re a senior.
- Explore your career interests. Before you determine which colleges to visit, think about your career interests and then research colleges that fit your interests. Visit the Exploring Careers section at EducationQuest.org for free resources.
- Schedule your visits at least two weeks in advance. Ask for appointments with an admissions representative, financial aid counselor, and a faculty member in your area of interest.
- Try to visit while the colleges are in session. You won’t get the true flavor during breaks or finals week.
- Be prepared with questions to ask. It’s important for YOU to ask questions, not just your mom or dad.
- Talk to a faculty member about upper-level classes in your anticipated major. This will help you understand the coursework that will be required and the degree of difficulty.
- Ask the financial aid counselor how the college may offset tuition costs and about college-based scholarship applications and deadlines.
- If you can’t visit a college, check out college websites. You’ll find admission requirements, academic and financial aid information, and campus photos. Click here for a list of all colleges in Nebraska with links to their websites.
Check out these resources to help you with your college selection efforts: