If your savings and/or financial aid does not fully cover your college expenses, check out these other options.

NEST 529 College Savings Plan

By investing in this plan, your parents can set aside money for your college education – and get a Nebraska state income tax deduction. Find details at nest529.com.

College Payment Plans

Many schools offer a monthly payment plan. Ask your college about finance charges.

The Military

All military branches offer education assistance including the G.I. Bill, tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment. Talk to a recruiter to get all the details.

Private Loans

These student loans are not funded by the federal government. Talk to the college financial aid office to determine if a private loan might be an option to help fund your education.

Home Equity Line of Credit Loan

A line of credit allows you to borrow money as you need it, which fits well with tuition payments.

Nebraska Agencies

Certain Nebraska agencies provide education assistance for those who qualify. Examples include:

  • Nebraska VR
  • Nebraska Department of Labor
  • ResCare Workforce Service
  • Central Plains Center for Services


Provides a stipend and educational award in exchange for community service. To learn more, visit serve.nebraska.gov or americorps.gov.

GAP Assistance Program

Financial aid for low-income students enrolled in community college programs that do not lead to a degree.